Yes, we will do everything in our power to help you find a job. However, we can't apply to, interview or land jobs for you. You will need to do that work yourself.
Once you finish the main curriculum, we will assign you a dedicated Career Coach who will be there every step of the way: from prepping your resume, portfolio, and online presence to helping you with salary negotiation.
We also have what we call a Career Prep curriculum, which will guide you step-by-step through more than 65 hours of:
- Improve your online presence: We help you polish your resume, Github, AngelList, and LinkedIn profiles so you can get the attention of potential employers.
- Portfolio: We help you create a personal portfolio of projects, open-source contributions, and other work you've done related to software development.
- Interviewing: We will help you prepare for technical and behavioral questions, and help you do several mock interviews.
- Applying to jobs: We will help you define your dream job, network to find potential employers, and consistently applying to new opportunities.
- Staying fresh with your coding skills: We will propose ideas of cool side-projects that you can work on while applying to jobs so that you are constantly learning and improving on your coding skills, as well as learning content to help you work on open source and freelance projects.
However, it is important to keep in mind that there is no way we can find you a job if you don't contribute your effort to the process as well. We can help you find an opportunity, introduce you to a few companies, and help you get ready for the interviews, but, ultimately, you're the one who needs to apply, interview, and land that dream job.
How long does it take to get a job after participating in Microverse?
You'll start applying for jobs in the Career Prep curriculum, and you'll continue working with your Career Coach after you graduate until you accept a job offer.
Many students get jobs within weeks after starting to apply to them. However, it often takes several months. You need to be mentally and financially prepared for the challenge, but we will work with you for as long as it takes.
What kind of jobs could I get after participating in Microverse? How much money could I make?
Microverse's program primarily focuses on helping students learn Web Development and get higher-paying remote jobs, but your job outcome depends a lot on your individual preferences.
Still not sure if Microverse would be a good investment of your time? Learn more about if Microverse is worth it here.