Starting January 2020, our full-time Software Development Program will also be available in the UTC+1 time zone.
At Microverse, we are committed to helping you become a world-class software developer, no matter where you come from. In our effort to make our program accessible to more people, we have decided to re-open a European/African schedule.
As of the January 13, 2020 class, we will be offering our program in two schedules:
- 8 am - 5:15 pm UTC-6
- 8 am - 5:15 pm UTC+1
Applicants will be able to choose the time zone/schedule of their choice, capacity permitting.
1. I have already submitted my initial application form and said I could not join the UTC-6 schedule so I couldn't proceed with the application. What should I do if I can now join the UTC+1 schedule?
If you previously answered "No" to the question "Will you be able to commit full-time to our program schedule?", but can now commit to the new schedule, please re-submit your application form through here.
2. I'm currently in the Coding Challenges stage of the application process. Do I need to do anything to switch to the UTC+1 schedule?
No. You'll be able to select your desired schedule once you pass the Coding Challenges and get to the Check-In Form.
3. I'm already past the Check-In stage of the application process. Can I switch to the UTC+1 schedule?
Yes. If you are at the Check-In, Trials, or Interview stage of the application process, you can switch to the UTC+1 schedule by emailing us at [email protected].
Keep in mind that you'll have to start with the January class (or after) since the November class will still operate exclusively in the UTC-6 schedule. You can find out more about our start dates and deadlines here.
4. What if I have already registered as a student for the November class and want to switch to the UTC+1 schedule?
If you have already been accepted and want to switch to the UTC+1 schedule, please email us at [email protected] by November 18. Please note that you will not be able to join the November class (as this will operate only in the UTC-6 schedule).
You will also not be able to switch once you have started the program. This means that if you start in November you will have to stay in the UTC-6 schedule (i.e. you won't be able to switch to the UTC+1 schedule later on).
5. Will you open any other schedules soon?
While we don't have any immediate plans, we do plan on opening an Asian/Australian schedule in the future. We are passionate about our vision to create a fully-remote, global school operating in time zones that will accommodate every single country in the world. We just ask for your patience while we get there.
If you have any pressing concerns not answered above, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].