Yes, we will do everything in our power to help you find a job. However, we can't apply to, interview or land jobs for you. You will need to do that work yourself.
Our help finding you a job starts from Day 1. While you start on the technical curriculum to teach you how to code, you will also start learning the professional skills you need to succeed during your job search. By the end of your first month, you will start learning how to network your way to success.
Once you finish the main technical curriculum, we will assign you a dedicated Career Coach who will be there every step of the way: from prepping your resume, portfolio, and online presence to interviewing practice to helping you with salary negotiation.
You career coach and the Career Services team will work with you on a number of things, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Improve your online presence: We help you polish your resume, Github, AngelList, and LinkedIn profiles so you can get the attention of potential employers.
- Portfolio: We help you create a personal portfolio of projects, open-source contributions, and other work you've done related to software development.
- Interviewing: We will help you prepare for technical and behavioral questions, and help you do several mock interviews.
- Applying to jobs: We will help you define your dream job, network to find potential employers, and consistently applying to new opportunities.
- Staying fresh with your coding skills: We will propose ideas of cool side-projects that you can work on while applying to jobs so that you are constantly learning and improving on your coding skills, as well as learning content to help you work on open source and freelance projects.
However, it is important to keep in mind that there is no way we can find you a job if you don't contribute your effort to the process as well. We can help you find an opportunity, introduce you to a few companies, and help you get ready for the interviews, but, ultimately, you're the one who needs to apply, interview, and land that dream job.
How long does it take to get a job after participating in Microverse?
You'll start applying for jobs in the Career Prep curriculum, and you'll continue working with your Career Coach after you graduate until you accept a job offer.
Many students get jobs within weeks after starting to apply to them. However, it often takes several months. You need to be mentally and financially prepared for the challenge, but we will work with you for as long as it takes.
On average, we expect it to take 12 weeks to get your first job. But remember: it's different for everyone, and you'll have the support of the entire Microverse community while you search.
What kind of jobs could I get after participating in Microverse? How much money could I make?
Microverse's program primarily focuses on helping students learn Web Development and get higher-paying remote jobs, but your job outcome depends a lot on your individual preferences.
Still not sure if Microverse would be a good investment of your time? Learn more about if Microverse is worth it here.